- Ethnic Technologies: Celebrating Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month
Posted on by .
This May, E-Tech is celebrating Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month by highlighting the representation of South Asian people in America. As one of the fastest growing ethnic groups in the United States and Canada in the last decade, South Asian Americans have a stronger voice than ever. Here are three ways in which this group has become more influential in North America:
• South Asian citizens have become a powerful piece of the American electorate,
increasing in some segments by over 400%.
• In addition to growth in major metropolitan areas, South Asian-American populations have grown in “smaller” metropolitan areas such as Charlotte, NC, Phoenix, AZ, San Antonio, TX, and Jacksonville, Florida.
• As of 2015, 32% of Asian Indian adults have obtained a higher education degree, a rate which is almost double the education level compared to the United States as a whole.
As expected with such a large and growing population in the United States, South Asian Americans hold complex experiences and identities as individuals. This is why E-Tech’s Access India product helps to recognize this population at a more granular level, and representing ten different Asian Indian cultures: Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Gujarati, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu and Bengali. Access India enables more actionable communication and accurate representation of your consumers, and we recognize the importance of this initiative not just during Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month but all year long.Read More
Recent Blog Posts
- When Names Are the Same, but Different July 11, 2018
- Ethnic Names Turned Mainstream June 13, 2018
- Ethnic Technologies supports Asian American Heritage with new product, ACCESS INDIA May 30, 2018
- Ethnic Technologies: Celebrating Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month May 14, 2018
- Connecting Names with xkcd’s Name Dominoes April 23, 2018
Subscribe to our blog