- Do all Indian Americans speak Hindi? Their names tell a different story.
Posted on by .
July 25, 2017
What do the following 10 surnames have in common?
They are both long and short. They use different letters, in different combinations. One looks English, another Portuguese. Two are popular American given names. These names are as diverse as the people who use them.
They are all Indian.
They practice Hinduism, Sikhism, and Christianity.
They eat different diets, wear different clothes, listen to different music, and follow different sports.
Some speak Indo-Aryan languages such as Hindi, Bengali, Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi, and Urdu. Others speak Dravidian languages such as Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, and Malayalam.
Like any culture, their names tell their stories.
This winter, Ethnic Technologies will release Access India, the multicultural marketing software that knows all about Indian names and uses that information to accurately predict Indian cultural affiliations and language preferences. Contact Ethnic Technologies to see how Access India can help you connect with your Daves, Gowdas, and Subramanians.Read More
Recent Blog Posts
- Ethnic Technologies Talks Names at American Name Society Conference January 23, 2018
- Ethnic Technologies announces the release of E-Tech 2018 January 9, 2018
- The Ancestry Answer I Wouldn’t Have Expected: American October 31, 2017
- A Peak Inside Hindu Name Origins: Caste-based Surnames September 12, 2017
- Ethnic Technologies Thought Leaders to Speak at International Conference August 23, 2017
Subscribe to our blog